Friday, May 1, 2015

Backyard Fun in May

I can't believe it's May already. This year is going so fast for us and next month our trio will turn 2!

This afternoon I took the nicer camera outside with us, and I got some good shots that I wanted to share. For some reason Alexis, Jack, and Faith seemed so much older to me today. Maybe it's because we had speech therapy this morning for the first time in a few months and the therapist was extremely happy with how well everyone is talking. She feels like they are caught up for their actual age, which is great since she was just hoping they would be caught up for their adjusted age at this point. Everyone is saying so many words and they are working on two words phrases, which is awesome. Every day they surprise me with a new word or phrase. Alexis loves to name everything she sees as soon as I get her out of bed in the morning (paci, bunny, mama, toothbrush, light, etc). Jack loves to repeat the last word or two of everything I say, which is so sweet to hear. And Faith has definitely been surprising me with new words all of the time (I sang a silly song they hadn't heard before and she looked at me at the end and said, "nice"). They are also starting to try to talk to each other, which is humorous and entertaining.

As I was getting ready to write this blog post I looked back at the post from mid-January when I took some random backyard photos (Jan 2015 post: http://howardtrio.blogspot.com/2015/01/backyard-fun.html).  I cannot believe how much older the kids look and act now than they did 3.5 months ago! Jack still had his crazy long hair, the girls still hardly had any hair, and they were all still getting used to playing in the backyard. Now playing in the backyard is almost a daily activity and they are starting to look and act like 2-year-olds.

Alexis, Jack, and Faith are so much fun and even though they can be a lot of work for us throughout the day, Micah and I say to each other almost every night when we go to bed, "I love those kids so much. They are so amazing and we are so lucky."

Alexis is in green, Faith is in purple, and Jack is in blue














"Uh oh!" said the girls as Jack sat on the snack cup



Alexis was mimicking my silly face and Faith was laughing at me


Our built-in balance beam





Alexis loves to run fast with the car!




No comments:

Post a Comment