Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Part 1

As of yesterday, our trio is 33 months old! We are only three months away from their 3rd birthday!

Alexis, Jack, and Faith are truly talking in full sentences. I can't necessarily understand them 100% of the time, especially if I'm driving and they're trying to tell me something as they are still rear facing in their car seats so they aren't facing me and they seem to talk so quietly in the car, but most of the time their words are quite clear. I have been trying to write down some of the funny things that each of them has said over the past few weeks, although some of it probably sounds much funnier when said by a two-year-old than when written.

Faith:
  • What's going on over here? (Said to Lexi and Jack when they were fighting.)
  • Who are you texting? (Said to me when I was looking at my phone...and she should have been napping.)
  • I liked it last night? Really Mom? (Referring to last night's dinner that she didn't want to eat for lunch.)
  • I think I need ice cream to help me. (After she bonked her head and I opened the freezer to get her a Boo Boo Buddy.)
  • Mommy! You did a good painting! (When she saw her newly painted bedroom for the first time.)
  • I'm going to turn around like a puppy and slide down. (Said when getting off of Daddy's office chair.)
  • Did you sleep well little sister? (Said to Lexi after a nap, but I've heard her refer to several of her peers as "little.")
  • You're a good helper mommy. (Said to me when I was pulling the painters tape off of the walls and she was gathering it into a pile for me.)
"I love my doggy" is something Faith says often. She loves to give her doggy kisses. 

Jack: 

  • Here are your marshmallows. (Said to me after I pretended to buckle up when playing a game with him. Yes, we use mini marshmallows as an incentive to get in their car seats.)
  • Can I change Charlie's diaper? (He is currently obsessed with "changing" Charlie Brown's "diaper," which really just involves pulling 100 wipes out and wasting them.)
  • We have no cream! (Said after "changing" his stuffed dinosaur's diaper.)
  • I have keys, phone, but no rings. (Said when playing outside and driving his "car." Apparently these are the requirements to be a grown up to Jack.)
  • I'm making music! (Said when waving a stick in the air like a conductor.)
  • I want to drive. (I hear this several times a day, and he is usually talking about my 4Runner.)
  • I'm a nurse. (When he plays with medical stuff, he tells me he is a nurse, not a doctor.)

"Hi Grandma!" When we were at Costco a few days ago Jack picked up the block of cheese and pretended it was a phone.

Alexis:

  • You did a nice job. (When she saw her newly painted bedroom for the first time.)
  • I have a leaf in my shoe...in my toe! (We just got new Crocs and she isn't used to stuff being in her shoes.)
  • I miss… [Fill in the blank]. (This is said about any object or person, whether it's actually gone or about to be gone.)
  • It sounds like: [insert baby crying, bird noise, dog barking, etc.] (Her interpretations are quite amusing.)
  • I don't want. (The lazy way of saying she doesn't want to do something. She speaks in full sentences most of the time, but this phrase has stuck around.)

Alexis has talent when it comes to drinking! She often holds her cup in her mouth and drinks while doing stuff with her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment