Sunday, April 10, 2016

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Part 2

Alexis, Jack, and Faith continue to surprise us with the things they say. They definitely repeat some of the things we say, especially Faith, and there is so much going on in their little heads. Here are some of the things they've said in the last month:

Faith:

  • I can't believe my life! (random comment after successfully putting her train together)
  • Daddy goes to work to buy us special juice 
  • Lexi is being ridiculous (when Lexi didn't want to go down for a nap)
  • I'm going to hang my toes here (she took her shoes off while riding in the cart at Target)
  • Underwear makes me crazy (this is how she felt when we first started potty training, but she has gotten used to wearing them)
  • I have four hands so... (trying to copy what I say because I often tell the kids that I only have two hands so I can't do it all)
  • I really WANT to kick you mother mommy (after I told her not to kick me while we were sitting on the couch)
  • I have a question...(she says this all of the time and then she'll give an activity idea such as play dough)
  • What are you thinking about?
  • Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
  • You hopeless mommy? (after I sighed and put my head down during yet another mini fit)
  • Are you kidding me? (random comment to me when I was getting their snack ready)
  • That's her child? (when she saw a pic of someone she knew with her daughter)
  • I want to fluff the kitty (her word for petting our cat Sienna)
  • You did a good job taking care of the babies. (to Micah and I after working in the church nursery today)

Faith "playing" the toy violin

Alexis:

  • They're singing about Jesus (when listening to music in car)
  • I have two muscles
  • That's yucky. That's disgusting. (about prune juice)
  • I love you all! (over and over at dinner)
  • I love you mommy. I love you daddy. I love my doggy. (she says this all of the time)
  • Daddy is the greatest daddy ever! (random comment one day)
  • Jackie's strong, isn't he? (after he opened the door from the garage)

Lexi loves to carry her kitty in her shirt like this and it reminds me of the "kangaroo care" we did in the NICU with our babes

Jack: 

  • Keep vacuuming! (when I stopped vacuuming to help him with something)
  • (I said, "Jack stop. No one's laughing," when he was blowing raspberries with his mouth and making a mess. His response while laughing...)  "Haha, I am!"
  • Mom, do you have a lawn mower? (random comment when I was changing his diaper one night way after his bed time)
  • Wipes cost money! (out of the blue at breakfast. He tends to pull them out of the package and waste them.)
  • I want a leaf blower right now. (random comment while watching a show)
  • I need a baritone (after watching a video of his 10-year-old cousin Brayden playing his)
  • You have a engine? (random comment while driving in the car)
  • I drive grammy's car backwards (he is obsessed with driving)
  • Hi. It's me Grandma. It's Tuesday night. (when talking on a pretend phone)
  • I'm going to drive you to the doctor. You sit in the front seat. (talking to Micah when he was sick)
  • For awhile one day he kept referring to Faith as Mommy. She does tend to be the most "motherly" so it was kind of funny.
Strumming a guitar is still one of Jack's favorite things to do

No comments:

Post a Comment