Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Part 3

I haven't written a post like this since April and, although they were saying a lot of funny and surprising things back then, it seems that their comments now are in response to things they see or conversations they are having with us. It is interesting to see how language and social skills develop in toddlers and preschoolers. Here are some of the things our kid have said in the last month that struck me as funny.


Jack, Alexis, and Faith ready for church a couple of weeks ago
Alexis
  • Santa Claus is on that helicopter! (When watching a helicopter taking off from the hospital when we were there for one of Jack's visits. She was remembering this past Christmas when Santa Claus came into the infusion center when we were there, and then we watched him fly away on that exact same helicopter. She was only 2 1/2 at the time, so we couldn't believe she remembered that!)
  • I wish I was a mommy (obviously, moms have all of the fun ;) )
  • (Me: "We are going to have fun in the sun!") We aren't going to...we are going to use sunscreen. 
  • Hahaha, that Grandpa has a purse! (watching a man pay for his drink at Starbucks)
  • Terrible, just terrible (Me: "What is?") Daddy turned the show off and I started to cry (remembering that this had happened....it happens all of the time)
  • I got bit by a shark in the leg! (1:00 a.m. nightmare)

Jack
  • Squirt gun black (The kids like to talk about our future Jeeps and what color everyone will have. Micah said he wants gunmetal grey, and then Jack changed his answer from "black" to "squirt gun black")
  • I have to go potty mom. (Me: "Do you need my help?") No, I need Faith and Lexi's help. (my work is done!)
  • (Me: "Is Daddy your hero?") No, he doesn't wear a cape.
  • (Crying at 4 a.m.) I'm scared of the monsters!

Faith
The morning she asked me to comb her hair
  • Mommy's too busy working on her phone (To Micah one day when I was writing a grocery list on my phone and not responding to her as quickly as she wanted)
  • (Me: "After lunch we'll read the new books.") They're kind of weird mama, aren't they?
  • (While handing me a comb...) Can you comb my hair? It's wild. (After Micah had commented on her hair when she woke up that morning.)
  • Mommy can you get your phone and see if there are babies in the picture? (I often show them photos of themselves from Time Hop and they love it)
  • I was picking my nose all day and got a lot of boogers (When I went into her room during quiet time)

No comments:

Post a Comment