Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Farewell, Big Red Triple Stroller

On Saturday I was driving home on Tramway and I saw our old triple stroller! I sold it to a fellow triplet mom over 5 months ago. Although I've seen photos of it on Facebook, this was the first time I saw it being used by the new family in person. I'm so happy that the stroller found a good home since I enjoyed it so much while we had it.

The big red triple stroller is quite possibly the only baby item I've sold that I've gotten teary over. Perhaps it was the hormones from this current pregnancy that added to my feeling sentimental, but for me that stroller meant independence with three babies.

I bought the stroller off of Craigslist when our babes were about 4 months old, and before that the only way I could leave the house alone with them was to put one babe in a carrier and push two in a stroller. This stroller also meant I could run while pushing the babes, which was a dream come true for me!

Unfortunately this stroller was too big to fit in our car, especially after Micah accidentally backed into it and the frame snapped only 6 months after we bought it (so we could no longer fold it). But, thankfully, he was able to fix it with zip ties so we could still use it! I was happy to have it just for walks and such from our house, though, as it would be pretty big to use in public spaces anyway.

We went on too many walks and runs to count with this stroller, especially during the summer of 2014 after our trio's first birthday. They were very content sitting in the stroller at this age and I really enjoyed the exercise and fresh air. I also often pushed our babes the 1+ mile uphill to the grocery store, grabbed a few things that fit in the basket in the bottom of the stroller, and then jogged home (with the stroller pulling me back downhill the whole way!).

Here are some photos from the three years that we had the stroller:

October 2013...all bundled up for their first ride in the new stroller (F, J, A)

October 2013

January 2014 (J, A, F)

June 2014 (A, F, J) during one of our numerous trips to Smiths for groceries (and sometimes Starbucks for mama)
June 2014 (F, J, A)

October 2014 (A, F, J)

October 2014 with Daddy (F, J, A)

March 2015 (A, J, F)

April 2015 (A, J, F)

June 2015 (A, J, F)

September 2015 (A, J, F)

May 2016 (F, J, A)

July 2016 (F, J, A)

No comments:

Post a Comment