Sunday, April 13, 2014

Our Daily Grind

I wanted to write a post about our daily schedule since it seems to change so often and I don't want to forget what it was like at 10 months (8 adjusted). For the last couple of months we have been down to two naps a day and for the most part Alexis, Jack, and Faith nap at the same time. Of course sometimes one will wake up early (seems to be Jack lately), but this current schedule has made it much easier for me to plan our days and to start doing social activities now that the sick season is coming to an end. Of course I always wish there was more time in a day to get stuff done, but I've been realizing that Alexis, Jack, and Faith are pretty easy babies and we are able to do quite a bit while we also spend a good amount of time playing with them.

Here is our typical day:

7:00 - Wake up to one or more babies crying. If I was smart and went to bed earlier I would set my alarm so that I had a few minutes to myself before the babies started waking up, but I tend to stay up doing things that I want to do at night so getting up earlier than I have to never sounds good.

7:15 - After I get all three babies out of bed and diapers changed (and I have put in my contacts and brushed my teeth), I feed the first round of bottles. These days this means they Faith and Jack are in their Rock n Plays and Alexis is on the floor with pillows, and I prop their bottles.

7:30 - Make three trips downstairs to bring each baby down. I clean up some dishes and bottles and then get their breakfast ready (usually yogurt or fruit and oatmeal). By this time they probably all have a dirty diaper so I change everyone's diaper (yes again as I just did this when they woke up but if I wait to change them until after they get a dirty diaper it will be a mess since their diapers are so wet and heavy from night time). I then put each baby into their booster seat.

8:00 - Feed all three babies, which is either a feeding frenzy or a struggle to get them to open their mouths depending on their moods and if they like the food.

8:30 - Clean each baby's face and hands (there is a little crying from everyone as this is NOT their favorite part of the day). Put everyone on the floor to play while I clean their trays and do more dishes and make formula.

Faith left and Jack right

Faith left and Alexis right

Faith left and Alexis right

9:00 - Eat my breakfast on the floor to be by the babies while they play. Usually this results in Faith army crawling towards me to try to get my food. Right now this is just cute, but once all are mobile I won't be able to eat on the floor anymore. 

9:15 - Get all three babies dressed. This has become a bit of a struggle since everyone likes to roll all over the place!

9:30 - Take three trips back upstairs to put each baby down for a nap. Diapers may have to be changed again.

10:00 - This is my best opportunity to take a shower since it's the morning and all are sleeping, but sometimes I have so much to do that I choose to shower later on. I also use this time for laundry, cleaning, etc.

11:00 - Everyone wakes up (or earlier).

11:15 - Second bottle of the day.

11:30 - Lug everyone back downstairs and let them play in their exersaucers for a bit while they digest their formula and I get their lunch together.

11:45 - Put everyone in their booster seats and feed lunch. We have recently started giving them puffs or yogurt melts to help keep them occupied during meals as it is hard to feed all three at once. We've also been giving them sippy cups to try to drink from, and Alexis has started to get the hang of it.

Lexi
12:15 - Put everyone back on the floor for more playing. Possibly go for a short walk or play on the grass outside. 

L to R: Faith, Lexi, Jack

Faith going through the door and Lexi playing with the key
1:00 - Lug everyone back upstairs for their afternoon naps. During their nap I work on dishes, laundry, cleaning, pick up around the house, make formula, balance the checking account, or do online shopping (diapers, formula, etc.), and I eat a little lunch

3:00 - Babies wake up from their naps.

3:15 - Third round of bottles.

3:30 - Three more trips back down the stairs with babies. Time to spend some time playing, go on a walk, possibly run errands, and maybe even Skype or Facetime with Grandma and Grandpa.

L to R: Faith, Alexis, Jack

Faith venturing into the kitchen

Jack left and Lexi right
6:00 - Micah gets home from work and he usually feeds the babies their puree dinner while I get our dinner prepped. We sit down for dinner and the babies eat finger foods (such as teething wafers, puffs, yogurt melts, or a fruit or veggie in their mesh feeders).

Jack

Alexis

Faith
6:30 - Clean up the babies. If it's bath night (twice a week unless there is an emergency) we do that, otherwise the babies play for a bit with Micah.

6:45 - Change into PJ's and get bottles ready.

7:00 - Fourth bottle of the day. Micah usually monitors this one while I clean up the kitchen from dinner.

7:15 - Babies are put in their cribs. I continue to clean up the mess in the kitchen. 

7:30 - It seems like there is always something to do around here like make formula, do dishes, laundry...you get the idea. On Tuesdays Micah climbs and on Wednesdays I climb. Other nights one of us might run out to do errands like get groceries since that is hard to do with three babies in tow.

9:00 - Micah and I finally sit down to relax for the night and watch an episode of one of our shows (currently either House of Cards, Grey's Anatomy, or Mad Men).

10:30 - Get the girls up for one last bottle in hopes that it helps them sleep through then night. Ever since they started eating solids their formula intake has decreased but the extra bottle at night has seemed to help!

11:00 - Finally go to bed and pray that it's a good night (two or less times getting up with babies) which seems to happen 50% of the time.

Yes, it is very busy but I really do love taking care of Alexis, Jack, and Faith and being a full time mommy! Watching them learn and grow is the best reward for all of the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment