Monday, May 19, 2014

Michigan Trip Part 3

Since I posted last, we have mostly spent time visiting people, having people over, or attending family events. I have been very surprised with how well Alexis, Jack, and Faith have done with so many new people! At our family party on Saturday all three spent a lot of time away from me with people they had never met and they were totally content. Although I've been told that all three really light up and have a special smile when they see me, I am glad that they are all okay with not being with me constantly as that is impossible with triplets.

In addition to seeing people almost every day, we have made it to downtown Holland several times for candy from the Peanut Store, frozen yogurt from the two new shops (at least since I've been in town last), and sloppy joes and apple cider from Cranes in the City. Albuquerque has a lot of things that we enjoy, such as the mountains, the weather, and green chile, but there is no shopping and restaurant area that compares to downtown Holland so I need to soak it up while we're here! I have also spent some time at a local thrift store as all baby clothes were on sale for $1, and I found many cute things.

I'm not sure if having my mom (and sometimes my dad) around during the day has made a difference or if the babes would have learned new skills at this time anyway, but since we arrived 11 days ago Faith has learned to pull herself up and today I saw her attempt to clap and wave. Lexi has been doing a lot more belly scooting and less rolling and she is getting much stronger with tall kneeling and standing (if put in a standing position next to something). Jack has truly learned to play peek-a-boo (although he has done it a little in the past), he pulled himself up today, and he got his fourth tooth yesterday. I think there will be quite a few milestones to report when the babes turn ONE in a few weeks.

Here are some photos since my last post:

All three are so happy that there Aunt Jodi found a doorway jumper to borrow. We have one at home and everyone loves it! Jack starts jumping as soon as his feet hit the floor.

On the move at Grandma and Grandpa's house. L to R: J, F, A

Their older cousins are the best entertainment!

Downtown Holland with their cousins Brayden and Adelle. L to R: A, F, J

We visited Great Grandma at her apartment and she had to introduce the babes to all of her friends. L to R: F, J, A

Micah's aunt, uncle, and cousin came for a visit. Here is his cousin Liz with F, J, A.

Lexi and Faith playing. They both love to lay like this!

Lexi and Faith looking at the porch.
I love those cute bottoms! Plastic bins are the best standing toy ever! L to R: A, J, F
Jack loves it!

Dutch costumes by the tulips. L to R: A, J, F



Dutch costumes pics with Brayden and Adelle. L to R: F, J, A



It was hard to get Jack to keep his hat on! And the grass was a distraction for Lexi.

Brayden is always ready to help entertain the babes
Faith

Me with F, J, A
My parents with F, J, A

Jack with Grandpa

Showing a little tooth. He now has four and the girls are still toothless.


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love following your life story! The dutch costumes are simply awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete