Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sickies but Still Cuties

We just got back from the doctor as Jack once again has Croup. This is his third bout of it since May! Although we were really good about keeping our babes away from germs last winter, once we started to venture out more in late April they started getting sick and have since suffered through several colds and a few days of high fevers. All three are currently fighting their fifth cold. I've now learned that Jack will most likely get Croup when he gets a cold and we have the steroid pills on hand for next time. Last night was a bit rough as Alexis woke up right when we were going to bed and kept us up until around midnight. And then Faith woke up around 5:00 a.m. Luckily we were able to put Faith in bed with us and she fell back asleep for a little while, but we still didn't get much sleep. And then today I was hoping to squeeze in a nap while the babes napped, but Jack's cough was so bad I couldn't sleep and made a doctor's appointment instead. I know this is all to be expected, but it's definitely the less fun part of being a parent.

Jack got the runny nose first on Sunday morning, Alexis had it yesterday morning, and Faith got it sometime during the day yesterday. I knew that the cold would only get worse before it got better, so since no one was "that sick" yesterday we seized the opportunity and went to the zoo! I thought this would be a good place to go as we could get out of the house without contaminating others. This was the first time I brought the babes to the zoo 100% by myself and we all had a great time. We were only there for about an hour between the morning nap and lunch, but it was great since there were not many people there since it was a Monday morning during the school year. The babes were much more interested in the animals this time than in the past, and I'm sure they will only get more interested as time goes on.

Taking a snack break by the Polar Bear. I wore Faith in the hiking backpack so she would have a view and she seemed to love it! She got the backpack since she had the least runny nose at the time.

Faith looking at the Polar Bear on the rock while snacking.

Faith and me by the giraffe

Despite the super runny noses and sneeze-snot blowouts, all three babes are still super cute. Although we now have three "cars" for the babes to ride around the house (we got a third one after a number of fights broke out over the other two), Jack and Faith decided yesterday to ride together. I came downstairs to find this!

Jack and Faith: proud of their teamwork

Sibling love

Kisses!

I finally made the Family Photo Album that I've been wanting to make for months. I put head shots of the babes' grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, Micah, myself, and the babes themselves. Now I need to make two more as they fight over it constantly.  I'm hoping this will help them know who their family is since they don't see them very often! Jack was enjoying the book this morning while the girls napped (his nap was cut short due to his cough).

He was really looking at Kent and Emily for awhile. I think he knew it was their one month anniversary today :).

No comments:

Post a Comment